Questions, banter and general discussion.
Why No points for winning a race? 3R Greater London Flat Race - 3 Laps (40.2km/25mi 135m) Jan 2 730pmish time

what's the catch?

Do you have to have so many zpower rides finish?

The size of the group?

Cheers,
GREG
Greg Nichols wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 pm
Why No points for winning a race? 3R Greater London Flat Race - 3 Laps (40.2km/25mi 135m) Jan 2 730pmish time

what's the catch?

Do you have to have so many zpower rides finish?

The size of the group?

Cheers,
GREG
https://www.zwiftpower.com/rankings.php

See FAQ
I'll check out the link you gave.

I did another 3R race today and EVERYONE except myself got some points.......????

I'm done doing 3R races till I figure out what is going on.

Cheers,
GREG
did another race still no points........
Instead of starting a new thread I will re-ask a portion of the OP's question. Is there a minimum field size needed in order to qualify for race points? The points calculation FAQs states how race quality is calculated for a field size of 5-9 and 10+. What is never explained (so far as I can tell) is what happens when the field size is less than 5 to calculate Race Quality and resulting Rank Points. What if there are only 3 or 4 riders? What if there is only 1 rider? Is that race just not counted at all? Did I miss something somewhere?

It also gives the overall rank points formula as: Rank Points = Race Quality + [(Riders Place - 1) * Points Per Place]

So when you take first place then your rank points are simply equal to the Race quality RP=RQ.

I won my last race (Cat D) in a field of 4 and did not see any change in my race points. I would expect a change since I am new and don't even have 5 results in the past 3 months (I have 4 results) to average (so each race should effect my points calculation until I have 5, correct?).

Also to note is that the combined race quality calculation of my cat plus the one above (D+C) would have a total of 7 entrants, 4 in D and 3 in C.

Sorry for the long winded questions and thanks for your help in advance.
Another question came to mind as for points not changing after winning a race. Is there a minimum length (time wise) for a race to be counted for points? The race that I won in Cat D is a sprint race and my finish time was 16:31. Maybe this is the reason?

It was the 3R Watopia Flat Sprint Race - 1 Lap (9.8km/6.1mi 54m) on 01/11/19.

Again thanks in advance.
The rankings system is designed around a minimum of 10 riders finishing in your cat and is less effective when that is not met. However, the developer has made some adjustments and got it to work with a minimum of 5 riders finishing in your cat.

You can easily see which events have counted on your profile as there will be an entry in the 'Rank' column on the right hand side. If that number is one of your best five in 3 months then you will see a number in the adjacent 'Improvement' column which indicates how much your ranking has improved (gone down). If the 'Rank' column is empty then that means it did not count, likely because there was not 5 finishers. Opening the event up should confirm.
Hey Sticky, can you clarify what the 'Rank' column to the left of the 'Improvement' column shows? It contains numbers that appear to relate to 'Rank' in a person's profile/'about' section, but using me as an example, my current rank is 564.75 pts, but the number shown in the rank column in my last race is 547.56.
Sticky, thank you for your quick response. It might be a good idea to add in a sentance or two about 4 or less riders in a race will not score points for rankings under the rankings FAQs tab.
Stu_P wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 am
Hey Sticky, can you clarify what the 'Rank' column to the left of the 'Improvement' column shows? It contains numbers that appear to relate to 'Rank' in a person's profile/'about' section, but using me as an example, my current rank is 564.75 pts, but the number shown in the rank column in my last race is 547.56.
Rank column is your ranking for that specific race. If that number forms one of your best 5 in 3 months then your Rank on your profile will be adjusted accordingly when next updated ~midnight UTC.