Questions, banter and general discussion.
Yes.... CHOPPA has to be penalized. he is a problem right now.
Maybe people don't drop out to deliberately deprive others of points but it does have that effect. As it affects the SoF calc as explained by other users. This is unfair. That's why I believe first 1km completed should equal a finish for purposes of race result and rankings calculation.

I do believe that some racers pull out of races partway through for various competition reasons (e.g. Missing the pack).

There should be very few reasons that cause race termination. Tech issues and emergencies really only understandable explanations. These should happen so infrequently that you wouldn't notice. But there are repeat offenders and all we're asking is some way of identifying and dealing with them.
It does appear the same riders though a small minority are the ones causing all the issues, the system isn’t set up to find them and admin can’t do it alone.

Perhaps it’s time for all racers to be part of a team, no team no race entry or at least they shouldnt figure in the results just like no heart rate monitor, peer pressure will force them to choose the corrrect category, the teams admin would also be responsible for maintaining their riders category’s are correct, Should riders be given UPG/DNF etc then points are deducted from the team in league standings, this won’t go down well and riders will be kicked off teams, no team no results.
Not sure I agree with that solution Dave although you’re right a small minority causes issues for everyone. Just like pretty much everything in life!

I’m always conscious that this is a free community so suggestions always done in the spirit of improvement. I think we all need to work together to close loopholes in the system as they’re found.
What if Zwift kept a record of a user's FTP (as they do now) but did not allow the user to modify this (unlike now) and they kept this on a 30 day rolling basis (similar to Zwift power's 90 day) and they only allowed riders to enter a race in their proper category PRIOR to the race start.
Zwift Power allows race organizers to filter racers to do this but it is after the fact and only applies to racers signed up to Zwift Power.

A race organizer could decide if they wanted to apply the filter or not but I bet most would.

The Zwift FTP is from all rides, not just races.
So people can't sand bag races and stay fit by doing hard solo or group rides.
If a rider is purposely sand bagging long enough to get into a lower cat, they probably will lose enough fitness to actually be there and it is their loss.

I think Zwift should take a stricter stance toward cheaters.
Zwift Power will suspend them from the results for 4 weeks but those riders can still race.

Zwift should ban those accounts from entering ANY race X 4 weeks.
They can still solo ride and do group rides but they do not get access to the races.
This should not affect the bottom line.
We pay to Zwift, not necessarily race.

And, make the 4 week suspension 28 subscription days of no racing.
You can still Zwift but no racing.
It's a Big Boy Time Out.
Some people don't care about punishments that are applied after the fact.
uclown2002 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 am
Matt whitwell wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 am
I agree with this.

Anyone completing first km should be included in final result and their points should be available to the ranking calculation.

Also by showing DNF then repeat offenders will be easier to spot and potentially penalise.
Far to many server issues where riders complete rides with or without incident yet Zwift doesn't report them as having finished.

I don't believe for one second that riders drop out to deprive others of scoring more points.
Just to add to this I’ve checked a few races over the last week. If you look at the live tab it shows the riders that start then pull out. My very small sample shows that some “big” names have been doing this. In fact in some races up to 10% of the starting field abandoned the ride partway through. This can’t all be for technical reasons.

I don’t advocate any penalties like others have but we must make this more visible so that it can be called out.

Why would you enter a 40km race to ride 35km and then abort?...
Been off Zwift for a few weeks (a brief window of sunshine) but again today I seen this behaviour.

I raced today the starting field of 28 became 17 with people pulling out and then 12 taking into account dq etc.

More than 50% of the field will be voided from race result ranking calculation.

Also last month I raced up the alpe wheel to wheel with a great rider. His race result was 100m short of the finish line. When I tracked him down on Strava he was open that it was deliberate so as not to record a result!

Please please can we find a way of recording dnf as part of results? Anyone with more than 10% of races in a 90 day period should be flagged and action taken.

Incidentally the majority of the dnf today were the higher ranked riders of the starting field....
Matt whitwell wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:24 pm
Been off Zwift for a few weeks (a brief window of sunshine) but again today I seen this behaviour.

I raced today the starting field of 28 became 17 with people pulling out and then 12 taking into account dq etc.

Also last month I raced up the alpe wheel to wheel with a great rider. His race result was 100m short of the finish line. When I tracked him down on Strava he was open that it was deliberate so as not to record a result!

Please please can we find a way of recording dnf as part of results? Anyone with more than 10% of races in a 90 day period should be flagged and action taken.

Incidentally the majority of the dnf today were the higher ranked riders of the starting field....
Pop up a screenshot of that Strava ride you tracked down please.
Fozzzer wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:00 pm
Matt whitwell wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:24 pm

Pop up a screenshot of that Strava ride you tracked down please.
https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=168288

https://www.strava.com/activities/2220432065

https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=133734
Makes interesting reading, has the pattern repeated since?