Questions, banter and general discussion.
My peak is 167bpm :oops: and that’s rare. I’ve used a Garmin and now a Wahoo sensor. Resting I’m about 50bpm.

Everyone is different for sure. 39 years old.
According to my history on here I’ve actually hit 172bpm, soz.
a very general rule is bigger humans have bigger hearts so they need to beat less to pump the blood round the body, teny tiny guys like myself are like hummingbirds and have to go some cos some simply because the heart is smaller
I’m not sure how much point there is to pushing for a change under the current system. The only real way to fight it is ranking-based categories, and that’s already in the works. I guess count me as a vote to make it a priority, but other than that…
Kevin Blades wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:04 pm
a very general rule is bigger humans have bigger hearts so they need to beat less to pump the blood round the body, teny tiny guys like myself are like hummingbirds and have to go some cos some simply because the heart is smaller
I am quite sure my heart rate is far lower than a 200kg fat person.

I am using 178 as a max and on ZP my max is stated at 171. When I am sitting at a desk in front of my computer my heart rate is about 50-55, in absolute rest on bed it is about 40-45. My age is 48.
Max HR varies massively person to person. Mine is 170, then I drop off the bike.

But I know what you mean. What I can't figure out on ZP is the random upgrading for some people, and not for others. Looking at the people who are consistently winning in B category, they're never upgraded into A or disqualified yet finish with W/kg of 4.5+.
I’m glad you deleted that link!
dhorn305@gmail.com wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 pm
Max HR varies massively person to person. Mine is 170, then I drop off the bike.

But I know what you mean. What I can't figure out on ZP is the random upgrading for some people, and not for others. Looking at the people who are consistently winning in B category, they're never upgraded into A or disqualified yet finish with W/kg of 4.5+.
I'm going to let you figure it out but here is a big clue:-

One day Zwift will realize that they should create tools so that Race organizers can filter before the race start, using ZwiftPower. That day will be awesome.
Keep in mind that sometimes the HR data is unreliable. I've had races where my Garmin Vivo Active just won't read above a certain value. And then other times when it's pegged at 255 (which is clearly inaccurate).

However this thread and several others all keep coming back to verification/validation that people are who they say they are and they're racing in the appropriate category.