As the subject line suggests, I was upgraded by ZP to Cat B, yet I struggle to compete in C even. Can I still race in C and get results, or am I strictly a B only rider now?

I know it might be a simple question to answer, but I cannot find an answer.

Thank you!

David
struggle to compete?? you are winning and top 5 for most of your races coming bottom is struggling to add your well above the cut off point for c so yes you should be racing in b
DPretendCyclist wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:10 am
As the subject line suggests, I was upgraded by ZP to Cat B, yet I struggle to compete in C even. Can I still race in C and get results, or am I strictly a B only rider now?

Thank you!

David
https://www.zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4942

Race organisers expect you to use your ZP WKG Category for race entry. You will likely be DQ'd if you don't.

But why would you want to race in Cs anyway?

Credit to Stuart Lynne for this one:- "You don't get faster racing with people that are slower than you are. You get faster by trying to stay with people that are faster....”

If your goal is get stronger and better then you should race in B's.
i can verify the above statement when trying to keep up with sticky et al in kiss races!!!
Kevin Blades wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 am
i can verify the above statement when trying to keep up with sticky et al in kiss races!!!
:D :lol:
Kevin and Sticky - thanks for your responses.

I guess "struggle" is a very subjective term, and perhaps the races where I get destroyed in are the ones I remember. I feel like I'm competing in C however, and just getting left behind very early in B. I don't know who is or isn't a legitimate B until after the race and once I check in here on ZP, so I can't shake the feeling I'm getting whipped mid-race.

As it stands, I'm competent in C but a bottom feeder in B, so I guess that's just the way it's going to be.

Thanks for the responses, I do appreciate them!

David
Kevin Blades wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:48 am
struggle to compete?? you are winning and top 5 for most of your races coming bottom is struggling to add your well above the cut off point for c so yes you should be racing in b
Thanks for your response.
S.ticky wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 am
DPretendCyclist wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:10 am

Thank you!

David
https://www.zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4942

Race organisers expect you to use your ZP WKG Category for race entry. You will likely be DQ'd if you don't.

But why would you want to race in Cs anyway?

Credit to Stuart Lynne for this one:- "You don't get faster racing with people that are slower than you are. You get faster by trying to stay with people that are faster....”

If your goal is get stronger and better then you should race in B's.
Thank you, Kevin.
always a bigger fish (unfortunately)
Always race up, everyone is right here. Learning to pick where to burn matches is also key on Zwift.