Questions, banter and general discussion.
Hi

Every time trial I've done so far (with the exception of the official "Time Trial Tuesday" and "Fast Friday" TT's) has included a lead in before it started counting laps. And I've always wondered if the timed part of the race includes the lead-in or not? (in which case I can save my energy for when it counts)

Can someone please clarify this.

Thank You
Aaron
TGRFAN wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 pm
Hi

Every time trial I've done so far (with the exception of the official "Time Trial Tuesday" and "Fast Friday" TT's) has included a lead in before it started counting laps. And I've always wondered if the timed part of the race includes the lead-in or not? (in which case I can save my energy for when it counts)

Can someone please clarify this.

Thank You
Aaron
The event time recorded by ZwiftPower starts immediately when the countdown clock gets to zero.

I don't do TTs but can't see why it would be different to any other event in that regard.

Note the timer in the HUD is different and starts usually just out of the pens indicated by (I think) a white line on the road
I don't do TTs but can't see why it would be different to any other event in that regard.
A possible difference between TT's and regular races is that in a regular race the winner is the one who crosses the finish line first, while in a TT the winner is the one with the fastest time regardless of finishing order. Therefore in an ordinary race, wether the race "starts" at the pens or at the start of the first lap (after the lead-in is finished), there is an advantage to be gained by racing from the start since that way you can gain a lead on the road. On the other hand in a TT such a lead would be meaningless and therefore if the timed section of the TT did indeed start after the end of the lead-in there would in fact be an advantage to be gained by waiting to start hammering until you reach the end of the lead-in.
TGRFAN wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm
A possible difference between TT's and regular races is that in a regular race the winner is the one who crosses the finish line first, while in a TT the winner is the one with the fastest time regardless of finishing order. Therefore in an ordinary race, wether the race "starts" at the pens or at the start of the first lap (after the lead-in is finished), there is an advantage to be gained by racing from the start since that way you can gain a lead on the road. On the other hand in a TT such a lead would be meaningless and therefore if the timed section of the TT did indeed start after the end of the lead-in there would in fact be an advantage to be gained by waiting to start hammering until you reach the end of the lead-in.
But your TT will still take place on a presribed zwift route, the same as any other zwift race, so the start/stop for timer should be the same.
I believe in TT mode it starts as soon as the timing screen appears (the one in the upper center of the screen), in tempus fugit that's shortly after you leave the start ramp .. as for TT bike only races that take place on normal courses, they are most likely timed the same way regular races are which is basically right from the second you start moving and will include any amount of lead in distance the course has
In the TTs I’ve done the lead in counts.