Hi,

I recently requested a trainer upgrade as a result of a significant drop in my power output, which is much more accurate now. I joined a WBR event today in my new category (C), but was filtered with UPG. Can someone explain the reasoning behind this?
Brofessor wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 am
Hi,

I recently requested a trainer upgrade as a result of a significant drop in my power output, which is much more accurate now. I joined a WBR event today in my new category (C), but was filtered with UPG. Can someone explain the reasoning behind this?
On the race page at the top there is a link to contact WBR directly. They pop in here infrequently so you will likely get a better response on their FB page.
uclown2002 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:10 am
Brofessor wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 am
Hi,

On the race page at the top there is a link to contact WBR directly. They pop in here infrequently so you will likely get a better response on their FB page.
Seems to be fixed. I don't use FB, so I thought this would be the place to ask it. Thanks to the person who looked into it.
Your profile still shows two recent UPG in WBR events.
You results prior to November 4th will be ignored in WBR races going forward, and I've reversed your two recent "UPG" DQ's. Congrats on the new trainer, and welcome to the Trainer-Upgrade-Based Category Downgrade Club. DM me and I will teach you the secret handshake. ;)
Hi Craig,

I upgraded (or my wife did!!) my home powersource to a smart trainer on the 9th November 2018 and then subsequently did the WBR 3 lap Jungle Race on the 11th of November at 1030 (AEST) and received a result of UPG. I now understand this is based on my historical ZPower results.

Unfortunately at this time for the same HR, I cannot average the same average power outputs with the smart trainer. I have asked and received from ZwiftPower a trainer upgrade for recategorization. However, ZP told me that I would have to ask of WRB the same thing “a trainer upgrade” recatorgorization. I note that my ZP profile has racing points for B grade. There is no way I could keep up with B grade indeed on the new smart trainer I am just in D grade averages and clearly better placed in D grade.

Can my WBR results from 9 November 2018 in D grade categories, be allowed as there is no way at this time that I can race C grade or B Grade.

Regards
Richard Riedel.