Hi - I have a query over category enforcement and upgrade in Hare and Hound style races. I've just raced in the 18:00 GMT race on 20/9 results here https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=88387 If you take a look at (for example) Rich Babbage they raced as a B but have been recategorised as an A.

In a 'normal' race I suspect this would be the right thing to do, but in this race it means that he started 3 minutes before the rest of the A's (as he was racing with the B's) was caught at the end and passed by 1 A with the rest of us on his tail. It can't be right that he appears 2nd A when he had 3 minutes longer than us. It should either remain a B or be a DQ. Otherwse any A could start in any category start up to 12 minutes ahead of the A's and then just wait to be recategorised at the end having taken the win. This affects the results the whole way down.

Indeed as the results stand 5 of the top 6 are all category B riders who started as category C who have been recategoriesd as B's. Had they started as B's they'd have stared 3 minutes later and been easily passed by the A's (who would probably have also passed the genuine C's that these fake C's dragged round.

Please can you look into this as to get a single point when so many of the results are invaild seems a bit unfair!

Cheers
Hi Phil - sorry for the late reply, just seen this and other posts on the forum. I need to find a way to get notifications!

The problem you outlined was only over the Summer, while it was quiet: I switched to upgrades without time penalties for a couple of months but since reverted back to DQs for anyone above the Cat limits. From next week, this will include an absolute power component, so that light/female riders can enter a category for their ability without fear of being DQd for going over the w/kg limit.