Questions, banter and general discussion.
Sorry if it’s been brought up before, (no doubt it has and I just can’t find it). I was riding in the Manx wheelers cat C ride last evening. Was going ok but got dropped on Libby hill. I was in 14th place and coasted home. On the results I am promoted to 3rd. Why are there so many B riders riding C when they know they will get dqs. Had I known I was racing for 2nd/ 3rd I would have put more effort into catching the guy in front rather than thinking I was racing for 13th/14 th. Surely you should only be able to enter the category you are classed as?.
andy mudge wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:07 pm
Sorry if it’s been brought up before, (no doubt it has and I just can’t find it). I was riding in the Manx wheelers cat C ride last evening. Was going ok but got dropped on Libby hill. I was in 14th place and coasted home. On the results I am promoted to 3rd. Why are there so many B riders riding C when they know they will get dqs. Had I known I was racing for 2nd/ 3rd I would have put more effort into catching the guy in front rather than thinking I was racing for 13th/14 th. Surely you should only be able to enter the category you are classed as?.
Zwift could quite easily sort this if they had an appetite for doing so.

Some guys don't care whether they get DQ'd on ZwiftPower; they are more interested in having a competitive race with a chance of 'winning' and don't care if it affects others. Some others may not log in to ZwiftPower often so may not know or care what category they are.

You can open the live tab of the event during the race On your phone or tablet and see who you should follow or ignore.
Could you please add your voice to the Zwift forums, there is a lot of people feeling the same.

https://forums.zwift.com/t/auto-assign- ... ries/14243
Yep. Easy to fix. Zpower has provided 3 or 4 workable approaches to event organizers and Zwift could pick any one of them.

Zwift also has creative options available;
- implement a calibration test to look for max HR, average HR, and xert style exhaustion / recovery metrics
- any rider that pushes over cat limits for 95% of 20minutes becomes invisible and undraftable.
- cone a rider over limits in category slowing them down
- use real time analytics to flag and reduce their draft affect
- block access to categories for sign up
- block access to race series based on organizer blocklist
- make any rider invisible to the world so they think they're doing great but no one knows
- route flyers on a wrong turn
- validate trainer/power calibration settings
S.ticky wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 pm
But they don't want to...
Some great ideas here, I like the "go over the cap, take a wrong turn" idea, that's a good one, hehe.
I always thought some sort of governor should kick in when a cap is exceeded. Zwift has all the riders w/kg data, I can't see it being difficult to enable/disable what categories riders are eligible for. Put those two things together and I think solves most of these issues. I don't agree with organizer block list though, because it'll enable them to block riders they simply don't like to race against (vs. riders that actually break any rules), I know some organizers who would love to be able to cherry pick their opponents to make their team look good, a rather Dirty tactic if you ask me ;).
Megathomas wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:36 pm
S.ticky wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 pm
But they don't want to...
And they don’t care because there’s no significant competitor to worry about . . .