Questions, banter and general discussion.
611 posts
Hey guys,

I rode my first race last monday on a faulty powersensor/trainer. The app to calibrate was crashing ever since I started out on Zwift. My power outputs and speed in Zwift was really really REALLY low compared to my stats in real life and the stats of my club friends. So I decided to re-update the firmware and calibrate the trainer again. The results now are more comparable to real life. However this means that my power-numbers for my latest race were about 30 watts lower than they should have been.

I'm racing stage 2 of TDZ coming friday in CAT D, as it is the lowest categorie to start in. Last race I came in near last, I'm guessing that now I will be able to finish somewhere in the middle of the bunch with the new corrected calibration, but will I get DQ'd?

How does this work? I'm not sure if I should up my category, my legs don't feel like CAT C, but I can be wrong :-)
DeanBodart wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 am
Hey guys,

I rode my first race last monday on a faulty powersensor/trainer. The app to calibrate was crashing ever since I started out on Zwift. My power outputs and speed in Zwift was really really REALLY low compared to my stats in real life and the stats of my club friends. So I decided to re-update the firmware and calibrate the trainer again. The results now are more comparable to real life. However this means that my power-numbers for my latest race were about 30 watts lower than they should have been.

I'm racing stage 2 of TDZ coming friday in CAT D, as it is the lowest categorie to start in. Last race I came in near last, I'm guessing that now I will be able to finish somewhere in the middle of the bunch with the new corrected calibration, but will I get DQ'd?

How does this work? I'm not sure if I should up my category, my legs don't feel like CAT C, but I can be wrong :-)
i did the math if your math is right on the with the watts you go from 122 to 152/61kg 2.49X.95 put you at 2.36 or so. Cap is 2.5
DeanBodart wrote:
Hey guys,

If you breach the Cat D limit you will be DQ'd but the limit is pushed to 2.69 w/kg for those entering the correct category.

That is based on 95% of your best 20 mins in the race.
S.ticky wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:36 am
DeanBodart wrote:
Hey guys,

If you breach the Cat D limit you will be DQ'd but the limit is pushed to 2.69 w/kg for those entering the correct category.

That is based on 95% of your best 20 mins in the race.
OK that's clear, thanks for the information. I will keep an eye on my w/kg during the upcoming CAT D stage race. In case the effort feels "a lot easier" than last time, I'll try to hang on in CAT C from there :-)
bath salts wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 am
DeanBodart wrote:
Hey guys,

i did the math if your math is right on the with the watts you go from 122 to 152/61kg 2.49X.95 put you at 2.36 or so. Cap is 2.5
Hi

Yes indeed, that's about of wattage I'm seeing now in my latest ride, so i'll be keeping it in CAT D for now.
Good morning I saw that my user was rightly disqualified, unfortunately I had a mechanical failure to the trainer who was no longer resisting, around the end of November.I now changed the trainer and everything works well and the values are the same as always, it is possible to be readmitted in the ranking? Sincerely
Salvatore Bruno :D
ture71 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:07 am
Good morning I saw that my user was rightly disqualified, unfortunately I had a mechanical failure to the trainer who was no longer resisting, around the end of November.I now changed the trainer and everything works well and the values are the same as always, it is possible to be readmitted in the ranking? Sincerely
Salvatore Bruno :D
Already replied to you on our FB page but your data has been reset and suspension lifted.
Hi Sticky,
Due to a broken belt on my Elite Direto trainer I'm using a dumb trainer + PM for some days.
Is there a way to stop uploading my results while I short the issue?
JPMR wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:46 am
Hi Sticky,
Due to a broken belt on my Elite Direto trainer I'm using a dumb trainer + PM for some days.
Isn't power meter close to the direto?

Results will be processed automotically.

I can delete them post-race if data is significantly different to what is expected.

Alternatively, do not complete the event then there will be no result.
S.ticky wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:43 pm
JPMR wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:46 am
Hi Sticky,
Isn't power meter close to the direto?

Results will be processed automotically.

I can delete them post-race if data is significantly different to what is expected.

Alternatively, do not complete the event then there will be no result.
Power meter measures are roughly similar to Direto (around 20-30 W down), but perceived exertion is way higher.
Not sure if my Direto was putting more Watts or the fact using dumb trainer is affecting mi RPE.
I'll quit events before complete it untill I get my Direto fixed (or maybe new smart trainer). Then i will make comparission between smart trainer and PM (Assioma Duo) and if there is significant missmatch I will assume Elite Direto has been given me wrong numbers.
Thanks.