Questions, banter and general discussion.
111 posts
if hobbits did zwift :))
Matt whitwell wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:25 pm
Possibly

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=1034660
This guy, 140cm and 40kg (Initial 176cm, 63kg), is on todays CET 18:00h ZRG Spring Series race. He will win C cat on Alpe du Zwift.
Megathomas wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:44 am
Matt whitwell wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:25 pm
Possibly

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=1034660
This guy, 140cm and 40kg (Initial 176cm, 63kg), is on todays CET 18:00h ZRG Spring Series race. He will win C cat on Alpe du Zwift.
Probably right

Ignoring height I don’t understand why hasn’t been upgraded anyway as numbers look better than C category.
For C cat you need 3.2W/kg AND 200W FTP. With this low weigt W/kg is no problem, but height and weight doping raises not total FTP.
Alexander Perdon wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:56 pm
Matt whitwell wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:41 pm
BikeLifeTT wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:56 pm
This makes alot of sense now...
This height thing is extremely disappointing lol
It takes alot more than knowing height to determine CdA
Zwift apparently knows my flexibility, bike positioning and whether I climb in saddle or off saddle (yes that matters IRL) 👎

Gimme some damn crosswinds or some mechanics that help us lose these tiny guys on the flat then, drafting is so OP on the flat.
It appears everything is skewed to benefiting small man performance.
I agree that height is a crude measure but good to Zwift for seeking to improve accuracy. As for the other comments in this post i think it's the opposite. Zwift algorithms are tipped to strongly in favour of heavier higher watt producers rather than w/kg. Even on a climb these big riders don't seem to get dropped like you would expect in real life.

I rarely see any good riders on the real roads who are 90+ KG but on Zwift there's a few.
This is so true with my own experience. I need to ride the balls out of my pants just to get a few seconds, but then shortly after the downhill starts I am overtaken and droppend behind. Just insane!

Furthermore, I assume there is something really wrong in Zwift if it comes to calculating speed in groups. It seems that groups just go faster and faster due to the draft effect, yet the produced wattage of the front riders is far below the needed speed. It is completely different than IRL in two ways: (1) a group will never go faster than the wattage produced by the front rider (2) while in draft your resistance will drop dramatically while in Zwift it stays the same.
Especially (2) will cause the group going faster and faster with riders overtaken eachother.

Also all the mentioned tests don't really matter since it is in a static approach, while a race is quite dynamic. And all is based on fictive values rather than real values. A shorter rider will produce in general far less watts than a longer rider, although there will be always exceptions in real good riders. You can not use an expectional rider to prove something for in general.

Point (1) is wrong, riders in your draft will disturb the airflow actually allowing you to go faster than if you were in your own.

Point (2) is also wrong, in Zwift there is a 50W window of sitting behind someone, anywhere in that 50W range and you stay right behind them, you have to go above it to break away and below it to be dropped.

I’m often to be found dragging everyone around doing 4.5 to 5 w/kg and end up finishing 5 or 6th behind guys doing 4 w/kg who just have a bigger sprint than me.
If I’m rolling at 320W around the front of a group and drop below 300 I go backwards and out the group quickly!

Is that because I’ve been honest about my height do you think?

And you’re right, later on if I check my results I’m always being beaten by people who seem to be able to hide.
Hi,
question to zwiftpower support team.
What if my real height has changed over the time in reality?
The height always was about 184 cm, but several weeks ago received my renewed driver licence and the height was changed to 183 cm. Well, it might be due to age, so it could be totally normal.
Thus, the simple question: will I be disqualified from events or seen as someone who tries to "height doping" if I'll change now my height to the new one indicated in my official documents?

Thank you!
There is a small leeway per event and historically to prevent DQ based on minor changes (many likely remeasure their height now to get it more accurate).
James Hodges wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:35 pm
There is a small leeway per event and historically to prevent DQ based on minor changes (many likely remeasure their height now to get it more accurate).
Ok, thank you James.
just changed it in my Zwift account. But couldn't find any place to change it on zwifpower account. Does it mean that zwiftpower will automatically take this data from Zwift account?
And this change from now will appear in red during the next activities?