My last 2 races have been classified UPG, I understand the notion of cat limits but my cat was B for the prior race and I entered B, the result of the race saw my overall wkg change to 3.98 so still B barely, my last race pushed it over to 4.01 at which point I manually changed my cat to A as well as my stated FTP. When you are on the border of categories is there any leeway applied. I thought I was doing the right thing by adjusting my cat manually.
Grimangel wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:54 am
My last 2 races have been classified UPG, I understand the notion of cat limits but my cat was B for the prior race and I entered B, the result of the race saw my overall wkg change to 3.98 so still B barely, my last race pushed it over to 4.01 at which point I manually changed my cat to A as well as my stated FTP. When you are on the border of categories is there any leeway applied. I thought I was doing the right thing by adjusting my cat manually.
You have manually upgraded to Cat A but you made it effective from 1 July 2019, so any results regenerated from then will trigger the UPG if you entered cat B

You didn't need to change anything; you could have let ZwiftPower categorise you using our system, based on the average of your best 3 efforts (95% of 20 mins).

And yes we do allow some leeway for those on the border like you; you could have gone up to 0.19 w/kg over the cat limits without being DQ'd.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=5528

I will however reset your settings to remove the DQ's.
Ah, my mistake, didn't notice the date setting, thanks for the quick reply, explanation and fix. I was just trying to the right thing by the rules, I'll let ZP sort things through automatically from now on. As usual your team does a fantastic job with everything that comes through ZP, thanks again.
I see you allow some lee way in categorizing.
The system has me in C class, as you can see my efforts over the past couple months
have been D class level.
I'm 61 years old and sure I'm not getting faster.
In my race this am I finished with a 2.4 FTP and was given a UPG result.
Any way to change this?

Thanks
hanselja@aol.com wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:01 pm
I see you allow some lee way in categorizing.
The system has me in C class, as you can see my efforts over the past couple months
have been D class level.
I'm 61 years old and sure I'm not getting faster.
In my race this am I finished with a 2.4 FTP and was given a UPG result.
Any way to change this?

Thanks
Your last 2 races on 10/27/19 and 10/25/19 yielded cat C performance; 2.527 w/kg and 2.644 w/kg.

You entered cat C so was not given an UPG; it's nearly a year since you got one.
It was yesterday, 0820 est.,3R Innsbruckring flat race, 5 laps.
I finished with a 2.4 w/kg, behind the D class winner.
UPG result

Thanks
hanselja@aol.com wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:32 pm
It was yesterday, 0820 est.,3R Innsbruckring flat race, 5 laps.
I finished with a 2.4 w/kg, behind the D class winner.
UPG result

Thanks
Oh that wasn't on your profile when Im looked.

However you entered cat D therefore got the UPG